Tuesday, March 27, 2018

stop waiting for friday

i found this quote on pinterest the other day, and it kind of hit me really hard and made me think about how i'm living life and how i need to switch up a few things.



stop waiting for friday,
for summer,
for someone to fall in love with you,
for life.
happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for it 
and make the most of the moment you are in now.


um. hello wake up call.

i most definitely need to stop waiting for life to happen. i am often so hard on myself cause i feel like i'm not where i'm supposed to be at in life. 

let me give you an example before everyone goes saying "um yeah you are! look at you, you have a house, a career, a loving husband" and yes i do have all those things and i most definitely am grateful for those things. but there's one thing i really struggle with and i  constantly am "waiting" for it to happen.

a baby.

nick and i have been trying to get pregnant for more than a year now. and it's something that has been really hard for me to deal with. i often am super hard on myself because i am pretty sure more than half of my friends have kids and people that are younger than me have kids. i always say in my mind "why can't that be me?" "why don't i have kids yet?" etc. etc. etc. i’m sure i sound so selfish by thinking those thoughts, but i know i can’t be the only one. 

although i do think it's important to be hopeful, wishful and positive. it's also important to live life to the fullest and be more focused on what is going on in life at that very moment. i can't control when nick and i get pregnant. but i do have hope that it will happen soon and that when it does, i will live life in that moment and not take a second of it for granted. 

this quote has not left my mind since i read it and i hope that i can start living life in the moment and "stop waiting for friday." it’s something i really want to start working on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment