Thursday, February 25, 2016

Book number 2...?

Ok.. lets be honest.
I didn't finish my book for this month. New Year's Resolution already down the drain! 
Just kidding. I'll catch up later.
Nick and I earlier this month went and finally got Davis County library cards. So I glanced at all the books and tried to figure out what book to read next. I came across a book about P.L. Travers, for those of you that don't know who she is, she is the writer of the Mary Poppins books. 
So I saw the title "Mary Poppins, She Wrote" So I grabbed it off the shelf and checked it out. I was really excited to start reading it. If you have seen the movie "Saving Mr. Banks" then you know this book should be pretty interesting, right?
And I'm sure it is. But... I could just not focus while reading this book. The first chapter had so much information, names and it jumped around so much that my brain couldn't wrap around it. And if I'm not interested in a book my head starts to wander while I try to read and eventually I just set it down and ignore it.
I knew reading 12 books this year would be a challenge cause I need to find books that will interest me. Even though I didn't finish this book I'm still not going to give up on my resolution. 
Maybe eventually I'll finish this book. But for now I'll settle with watching "Saving Mr. Banks" and somewhat know the story of Mary Poppins and P.L. Travers.

No comments:

Post a Comment